To develop and support processes by which the Regional Network can become more self-sustaining. And to provide leadership mentoring to the Regional organization. To provide input on strategic direction and offer on-the-ground perspective for the Burning Man Project in an advisory capacity.
- Serve as a source of support and development for the entire Burning Man Regional Network.
- Uphold and review individual issues/complaints regarding Regional Contacts and activities.
- Make recommendations for the Regional Contact Intake Process.
- Contribute to the mentorship of new Regional Contacts.
- Inspire leadership within the greater Burning Man community.
- Provide feedback to HQ on Regional Network needs and representation.
- Manage the voting process for Meta Regionals Committee seats.
- Help develop the Events Committee for the Regionals Team at Burning Man HQ, provide advice on structure, and offer expertise via the Meta Event Production seat
- Provide input and help develop the annual Global Leadership Conference and where possible, the regional summits / gatherings (Europe, Northwest, Great Lakes, Southeast etc.)
- Support the Regional Network in story telling.
Nominated by Burning Man HQ
- Northwest/BC/Alaska: Kay Morrison (Seattle)
- CA-NV-AZ-HI: Tiya Coleman (Las Vegas)
- Mid-South & New Mexico: Scott Platsky (Arizona)
- Rocky Mountains/SAS/ALB: vacant seat
- Great Lakes/Midwest/MAN/ONT: Joshua “Mountie” Shessel (Toronto)
- Northeast/QUE/NB/NS: vacant seat
- Southeast: William “Sauce” Funderburk (North Carolina)
- International: vacant seat
- International: Ian Rowen (Singapore)
- SF/Representative from Burning Man Headquarters: Iris Yee
Seats 1-10 are nominated and placed by Burning Man HQ. These seats will belong to current Regional Contacts or Alumni in Good Standing.
Nominated by Regional Network
- Event production (expertise): Tzara Vierck (Portland)
- Civic (BWB style) Activities: Eric Griswold (Wisconsin)
- Social Alchemy (development and people skills): Jennifer “Preamble” Richter (Washington DC)
Seats 11-13 are peer-nominated by the Regional Network and selected by the Meta Regionals Committee. These seats need not be a Regional Contact.
Nominated by Regional Network
- Local Leader (a skilled person whose work will further the initiatives set forth by the committee): Rachel “squishelle” Proulx (Vancouver) staying on one year to support the transition.
Voting for seat 14 will occur at the annual Caucus. Inaugurations will occur at the Burning Man event in Black Rock City.
Cheyne “Starbaby” Maclaskey – on sabbatical
Definitions of Regions/US States and Canada
- Northwest represents BC plus WA, AK, OR, ID
- Mid-South represents KY, TN, OK, MS, LA, AR, TX, & NM
- Rocky Mountain represents MT, ND, SD, NE, WY, CO, UT plus SAS & ALB
- Great Lakes & Midwest represents MI, OH, IN, IL, MO, KS, MN, IA, WI plus MAN & ONT
- Northeast represents QUE, NB & NS plus VT, ME, NH, NY, MA, CT, RI, DE, NJ, PA
- Southeast represents MD, DC, VA, WV, NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, & PR
Meta Regional Nominee Criteria
Meta Regional Committee Member has demonstrated extensive leadership experience in any of the following areas:
- Organizational functionality (non-profit or LLC or steering committee)
- Community-building experience
- Has outlasted or overcome local drama
Meta Regional Committee Member will also be selected based upon:
- Successful track record within the Regional Network
- Maturity level
- Peer respect