First time to Burning Man? Prepare yourself!
Get warmed up with an Arizona Burner Official Newbie Event!
What to expect:
1. Burning Man is based on 10 principles. To be a “Burner” you will be well versed in these principles and you can learn them here in a fun and interactive way!
2. Burning Man is a radically self-reliant event. What should you bring? It’s not all about costumes! We will be reviewing your ideal packing list to ensure you will have everything you will need to survive in the desert for a week. You must be prepared for extreme temperatures, potential rain, wind and dust. Did I mention dust????
3. Safety Third – We will be covering some safety tips and mental health awareness so your mind and body will be functioning at capacity in order for you to have one of the best experiences of your life.
4. Shenanigans and Radical Self Expression- show up and be yourself. No, not that self. Express who you really are! We will have some snacks to share, art activities and a general good time.
What to bring:
- Water bottle
- Your own cup
- Snacks to share – please note the venue is a meat-free environment.
- Costumes and gear to exchange (please take back anything you brought with you if it is not adopted)
- A towel (and swimsuit if you prefer) if you care to jump into the pool
PLEASE RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Newbie Events are intended for those attending Burning Man for the first time. Veterans, we are still seeking people willing to present. Please reach out to email@example.com if you’re willing to help.