Hello Dutch Burners!
We are seeking a new Regional Contact for the Netherlands to support cultural growth across your region.
Daniel Lumkeman will be stepping aside as the Regional Contact (RC). We wish him well in his future endeavors and thank him for his creativity and time served in the RC role.
What a Regional Contact does
My team in collaboration with local leaders is searching for a community member to contribute their spark and step into this leadership role. Regional Contacts volunteer year-round to build and nurture Burning Man community initiatives on a local level. They facilitate communication and collaboration with and between local community members, various local community groups and the Burning Man Regional Network Team. Could this be YOU?
Criteria and search process
If you are interested in becoming a Burning Man Regional Contact, please take a moment to read about the Regional Network, search process, and Regional Leadership Criteria. We are specifically highlighting the desire for the following skills and attributes for the RC role:
- Is collaborative, works well with a range of personalities, and can build bridges between community members
- Can draw upon their experience to speak about Burning Man culture and values
- Embraces feedback from the community and interested in listening and responding to community needs and ideas
- Has strong written, verbal, and public speaking communication skills; understands the importance of communication as a community-building and strengthening tool
- Recognizes the need for a leader to plan for their own eventual succession
- Has capacity to take on the full duties of the Regional Contact role
How to apply
While we are ideally seeking candidates with the above characteristics, we are also open to hearing from those with other skills and experiences to offer the local community. If you’d like to apply to be a new Netherlands Regional Contact, please complete BOTH of these steps:
- Email your self-nomination letter to [email protected]
org with Netherlands in the subject line by 8 February 2021.
- Log into your Burner Profile and complete the Volunteer Questionnaire. [Scroll down to ‘Volunteer’ > Volunteer Questionnaire > Volunteer Teams section, check the ‘Regional Contacts’ box > fill out the ‘Regionals’ section > fill out ‘Yes, I’d like to answer questions about my skills and personal interests’ section.]
After the two-week window to self-nominate closes, we’ll send out a feedback survey to gather community input on your experiences with each candidate. Interviews will be held in late February and March. Key dates, subject to change, are:
- 8 February 2021 – Deadline to self-nominate with letter and submitted volunteer questionnaire.
- 2 March 2021 – Opportunity for community feedback on candidate closes.
- 23 March 2021 – Candidates interviewed.
- 13 April 2021 – New Regional Contact selection announced and onboarding begins!
If you feel like you may be a good fit for this role, we warmly welcome you to step up and take part in our selection process. If you have specific questions, my team can be reached at [email protected]
My team is looking forward to hearing from you.
Airhugs from Burning Man Headquarters,
Burning Man Regional Network team