What is SOAK*?
SOAK* is the Regional Burning Man Gathering for Portland and Western Oregon. SOAK* is a multi-day interactive arts festival and family reunion-style camping event in Oregon with sprawling grassy lawns, and diverse trails.This is a place to meet your fellow Burners and get a taste of Burning Man Northwest style. SOAK* features participation, fire performances, art, DJs and live music, a pageant, theme camps, workshops, Portland Temple and Ceremonial Burnable Sculptures. Anyone can participate.
SURVIVAL GUIDE: http://bmpdx.com/survivalguide
Code of Conduct
SOAK is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. Harassment includes (but is not limited to) unwelcome offensive verbal comments related to gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, and religion. It also includes (but is not limited to) deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender and/or expelling them from the event.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of event staff immediately. Event staff can be identified as they’ll be wearing branded t-shirts and/or laminated badges, and carrying radios. Event staff will be happy to help participants contact event security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event.
We have updated our policies regarding the use of fire at SOAK to reflect the change in date, venue, and legal restrictions placed on the event. The new policy stipulates that all fire must fall under one of three categories:
(1) A propane-based flame effect (this includes “poofers”, patio heaters, elevated propane fire pits, …etc.); (2) A registered “effigy” burn; (3) A “flow arts” tool (poi, staff, sword, etc., using naptha/kerosene).
Theme camps utilizing propane-based flame effects must register here by April 27: http://bmpdx.com/themecamp
Individual fire performers utilizing ‘flow arts’ tools must register here by May 12: http://bmpdx.com/fire
Get Involved and Properly Registered
- Seeking an art grant? Request it here (Deadline is April 15th): http://bmpdx.com/artgrant
- Bringing a Theme Camp? Bringing Art? Bringing Fire? An Art Car? Sound? An RV with all/none of the above? Some combination of the above and also need ADA/mobility access? JUST.ONE.FORM. Please register by April 27: http://bmpdx.com/themecamp
- IMPORTANT: If you show up at Gate with an unregistered RV or camping vehicle, no matter the size, you will be turned around and sent home. Register your RV or Camper: http://bmpdx.com/parking
- Interested in bringing a dog? Request it here (Deadline is April 27th): http://bmpdx.com/dogs
- Sign up to volunteer for the event: http://bmpdx.com/volunteer
- You can find a ride share here: http://bmpdx.com/rideshare
- Performers and Theme Camps wanting to be added to the What When Where: http://bmpdx.com/soakevents
TICKETS: Sold out.
Questions? Contact the SOAK Operations Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org