Serendipity is Tennessee’s officially sanctioned Burning Man regional burn. It will again be held on Memorial Day weekend in 2015 at the Funny Farm in Morrison, TN.
Invites go on sale Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 10:00am Central at http://serendipity2015.bpt.me/ This is MUCH EARLIER than usual! Since Serendipity 2014 didn’t quite hit the attendance cap, we will again have a limit of 400 paid adult invites.
* As mentioned after Serendipity 2014, prices have gone from $60 last year to $70 for Scare-N-Dipity and will be $75 for Serendipity 2015. We don’t anticipate further price hikes and will likely hold at this price level as long as possible. With service fees, invites total $78.62 for adults and $39.80 for children. The service fee provides payment to Brown Paper Tickets and the remainder offsets the PayPal fees so we receive exactly $75 and $37.50 respectively. Cash sales are still possible if you want to avoid service fees, but then you have to hunt down an event lead. Invites will not be sold at the gate.
* Children aged four and under are free. Children aged five through twelve are half price. Children thirteen and older require an adult invite.
* As we did with Scare-N-Dipity 2014, you may make an additional art donation when you purchase your invite. We attempt to have the burn match or better the amount raised, which we accomplished for Scare-N-Dipity. Art donations are specifically for art projects that will appear at Serendipity. It specifically does not go towards structure build, effigy, or temple, though other art burns are fair game.
* NEW! Ice sales are now available online — you can purchase this when you purchase your invite, or you can purchase it later. When we tried bringing in an ice truck in the past, we lost money on the deal. We are selling ice at the same price we always have, except this time we’re only getting the ice truck if we hit the minimum. If enough people buy ice, we will provide it any time the gate is open. If not, then we’ll do it the other way and deliver all orders that are requested by noon around 2pm.
All forms will be available on November 6, and links will be here:
* Art Grant Application
* Theme Camp Placement Application
* Volunteer Sign-Up
* NEW! Effigy / Temple Build Application
* NEW! Leadership Interest Questionnaire
The re-entry policy will remain the same. EA gets one re-entry if they leave before gates open. Otherwise, re-entry requires either a medical pass, paying the invite fee again, or lucking out and scoring one of the infrequent “errand runs” that keeps DPW from having to go shopping.