Santarchy takes place in major cities all over the world involving tens of thousands of Santas. It is a non-profit, non-political, non-religious & nonsensical celebration…of cheer, goodwill, and fun. There is no good reason to dress up in cheap Santa suits, run around town, sing songs, get drunk, have strangers sit on our laps, and decide who is naughty or nice — but it’s a lot of fun — so Santa does it anyway. Everyone loves Santa and Santa loves everyone!
- This is a bring your own responsibility (BYOR) event. You are responsible for yourself. No one else is responsible for you. Be responsible or take responsibility for the consequences
- .The schedule is open to liberal interpretation by Santa. If you can’t show up for the start, get the cell number of someone who can.
- Santa does not make children cry (unless they whine, snivel, or otherwise deserve it). Really – if you see kids, give them nice toys, candy, or something pleasant. Feel free to urinate on their parents.
- Twisting the holiday paradigm until it screams for mercy is fun! Getting arrested is not. Santa Claus is friendly and cooperative with cops, security guards and secret service agents, and doesn’t break any laws (unless they’re stupid and deserve to be broken).
- Bring gifts — naughty gifts to give grown ups, nice stuff to give kids. Throwing coal at Parliament is discouraged (see #4 above).
- Pay your own god damn bar tab.
- The answer to important questions that may arise:
Who’s in charge? “Santa”
What organization are you with? “Santa”
What are you protesting? “Shitty holiday parties”
How did you get here? “A sleigh and eight tiny reindeer”
Where are you going? “I’m only allowed to tell you if you dress like Santa”
- WHAT ARE THE FOUR F***S?
Don’t f*** with kids
Don’t f*** with Santa
Don’t f*** with Security (because they will call the police)
Don’t f*** with the Police (because they will arrest and ticket your a**)