Burn In The Forest (BitF) is the Greater Vancouver Interactive Arts Society’s (GVIAS) Official Burning Man Regional annual summer event. We are thrilled to return for our 4th visit at the Cheam Fishing Village, an hour and a half’s drive east of Vancouver, British Columbia.
1500 participants come together to create a Temporary Autonomous Zone, inspired by the Ten Principles of Burning Man and the unique landscape that we have the privilege to call home for 4 days.
Our community is built on the participation of its members – from the simple exchange of food, stories, or a lending hand, to the elaborate construction of an interactive art project.
- We support the diversity and experimentation of experience and ideas.
- We will create a Temporary Autonomous Zone where people may safely engage in new experiences without judgement.
- We will strengthen existing friendships and build new ones, rewarding each other in special ways.
- We are self-sufficient and leave no trace except in our memories.
This year, as in the past, we will build a temporary community over an extended weekend. Together we create a village and gift each other in many ways that express our creativity and play. Please read Participation about how you can help create this experience.
Some of the things people bring to Burn in the Forest:
- interactive art
- theme camps
- fire performance
- music and theatrical performance
For a safe and prepared time at BitF we ask that you read BitF Survival Guide.
GVIAS Fan Page: facebook.com/gvias
Burning Man Vancouver Regional Network News Feed Page: facebook.com/vancouverburners
Burning Man Vancouver Community Chat Group: facebook.com/groups/BurningVan