Burn In The Fraser, formerly Burn in the Forest aka (BitF) is the Greater Vancouver Interactive Arts Society’s (GVIAS) annual summer event that takes place on our NEW HOME at the Cheam Fishing Village, an hour and a half’s drive east of Vancouver, British Columbia.
One thousand participants come together to create Temporary Autonomous Zone, inspired by the Ten Principles of Burning Man and the unique landscape that we have the privilege to call home for 4 days.
Our community is built on the participation of its members – from the simple exchange of food, stories, or a lending hand, to the elaborate construction of an interactive art project.
- We support the diversity and experimentation of experience and ideas.
- We will create a Temporary Autonomous Zone where people may safely engage in new experiences without judgement.
- We will strengthen existing friendships and build new ones, rewarding each other in special ways.
- We are self-sufficient and leave no trace except in our memories.
This year, as in the past, we will build a temporary community over an extended weekend. Together we create a village and gift each other in many ways that express our creativity and play. Please read Participation about how you can help create this experience.
Some of the things people bring to Burn in the Fraser:
- interactive art
- theme camps
- fire performance
- music and theatrical performance
GVIAS Fan Page: facebook.com/gvias
Burning Man Vancouver Regional Network News Feed Page: facebook.com/vancouverburners
Burning Man Vancouver Community Chat Group: facebook.com/groups/BurningVan