Join NJ Burning Man, BiZone, Pleasure Salon, Philadelphia Mindful Polyamory Meetup, PolyNJ, New York Area Bisexual Network, and a bunch of other outside of the box groups for a day of fun in the sun. We think that it is the 20th anniversary of this event and we look forward to having all of you join us!
Our Annual Gunnison Beach Party!
WHAT: A day at New Jersey’s clothing-optional beach
WHERE: Sandy Hook, Gateway National Recreation Area – Gunnison Beach, Parking Lot G
WHEN: Saturday, July 25th, 2015, 9am (YES! 9AM! The parking lot fills early.)
WHO: BiZone NJ, NJ Burning Man, Pleasure Salon, Philadelphia Mindful Polyamory Meetup, PolyNJ and friends
WHAT TO BRING TO THE BEACH:
• 2-3 Water bottles. – It’s a great idea to fill a water-bottle 50% and put it in the freezer the night before. Fill it up the rest of the way before you leave.
• Food & Drink – As of last summer, the snack stand that was once on the beach had not been replaced since Superstorm Sandy. There are food trucks near the restrooms by the beach entrance that have snacks and basic fare. It’s best to bring all you’d like to eat and drink, and maybe some to share for impromptu potluck. You may BYOB, but no glass bottles are allowed.
• Bathing Suits. – in case you choose to wear one or want to go to a different beach at any time during the day.
• Sandals. It’s a 10-minute walk to the beach, then a 10-minute walk across the HOT sand to get to our part of the beach.
• Trash bag. The beach has a carry in/carry out policy. No trash or recycling receptacles are provided. Leave no trace.
• Fun! – Have body paints, hula hoops, drums, games, perfect beach party playlist, or anything else you’d like to share? Please do! (Sorry, no floatation devices such as tubes, rafts or surfboards are allowed at the beach.)
HOW TO GET THERE:
Fee collectors are on duty Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day @ $15/car – Carpool! Be sure to double-check public transportation and highway info as details may change.
From North Jersey and New York:
New Jersey Turnpike to Exit 11 (Garden State Parkway)
Garden State Parkway south to Exit 117 (Keyport/Hazlet)
Follow Route 36 East for 12 miles.
Entrance to park just after crossing Highlands Bridge.
From South Jersey:
Garden State Parkway north to Exit 105 (Eatontown)
Follow Route 36 East. Past Monmouth Mall, across Route 35 and then continue through Eatontown and Long Branch (Route 36 here is called Joline Avenue). At Long Branch continue on Route 36 as it turns left (north) to follow along the ocean. Continue north for six miles (Route 36 here is called Ocean Boulevard) through the towns of Long Branch, Monmouth Beach, and Sea Bright to the park entrance.
From Philadelphia & Central Jersey:
New Jersey Turnpike to Exit 7A (Route I-195).
I-195 East to Garden State Parkway. Garden State Parkway north to
Exit 105 (Eatontown). Then continue as from South Jersey above.
***After the park entrance, follow signs to parking for Gunnison, Beach G.
By Public Transportation
New Jersey Transit Bus 834 stops near the park entrance. NJT schedules:www.njtransit.com, 1-800-772-2222
Academy Lines bus service operates direct from New York City to Highlands. www.academybus.com, 732-291-1300, or 800-242-1339 for schedule.
New Jersey Transit’s North Jersey Coast Line to Red Bank, then NJT Bus 834 to Highlands. Buses drop off at or near entrance to Sandy Hook – no transportation into the park. NJT schedules: www.njtransit.com, 1-800-772-2222
Taxi service can provide service into the park from bus stops and train stations.
Shore Taxi 732-222-6688
Yellow Car Co. 732-747-0747
Yellow Cab 732-671-4600
Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend visitors from Manhattan can take ferry shuttles to Sandy Hook, with shuttle bus service provided by Seastreak from Highlands, New Jersey to nearby Sandy Hook.http://seastreak.com/sandyhook.aspx
~FINDING US ON THE BEACH~
Go to parking lot G at Gunnison Beach. Head south along the beach (to the right as you face the ocean). We will set up somewhere behind lifeguard station #4. Look for bi pride flags (pink, purple, and blue). If you are attending and have an obvious flag, banner, poly or bi symbol, or structure to add to the description of our gathering, let us know. Thanks – See you there!